What is CONSENT?
Consent exists when there is a clear, voluntary and unambiguous agreement, expressed in mutually understood words or actions, to engage in a specific sexual activity.
- Consent to one sexual act is not consent to all acts.
- Consent may be revoked at any time.
- Relying on non-verbal communication may result in a violation.
- Consent is not effective if derived from force, threats, intimidation or coercion.
- Consent is not effective if incapacitated.
Words by RockStarDinosaurPiratePrincess and animation by Blue Seat Studio
We all have a responsibility to treat others with respect and dignity. Where the majority of students reading this website may not intend to assault, if your behavior does not fall into the definition of consent, you may be held accountable by the other person in the situation, the NMSU community, and/or law enforcement.