What is CONSENT?
Consent exists when there is a clear, voluntary and unambiguous agreement, expressed in mutually understood words, to engage in specific sexual activity.
- Consent may be revoked at any time.
- Consent must be requested and received for all sexual acts.
- Non-verbal communication does not represent consent.
- There is no consent if there is force, threats, intimidation or coercion.
- There is no consent if a party is incapacitated due to drugs or alcohol or asleep.
Words by RockStarDinosaurPiratePrincess and animation by Blue Seat Studio
We all have a responsibility to treat others with respect and dignity. Where the majority of students reading this website may not intend to assault, if your behavior does not fall into the definition of consent, you may be held accountable by the other person in the situation, the NMSU community, and/or law enforcement.